Thursday, May 8, 2014

Review: See Through Me (Lose My Senses #1) by Sera Bright

5 Beautiful Debut Novel Stars 






TITLE~ See Through Me (Lose My Senses #1)
AUTHOR~ Sera Bright
GENRE~ New Adult-Romance-Contemporary 
DATE PUBLISHED~ May 8th 2014
PURCHASED/COST~ ARC for review
MY RATING~ 5 Stars


(From Goodreads)
NOT A STANDALONE NOVEL. FIRST IN A 2-PART SERIES. 
There's only one person I want to see when I return home. But I know he won't be waiting. It's the reason I feel safe enough to come back.

I’m so wrong.

Ash Townsend isn't the same quiet boy from next door. He's tall, dark and demanding answers. He wants me, but he doesn't trust me. Why should he? When his own family tried to break him down, he still sheltered me in this town full of liars. And I repaid it by leaving him without a word.

But I'll do anything to protect him. I have the scars on my wrist to prove it.

* * *

Contains strong language, descriptive sexual situations, and mature themes of child abuse and neglect. This novel is not intended for readers under the age of 18.


        I chose to read this book because it sounded like a story that I could relate to.

I enjoyed See Through Me thoroughly from front to back. I always love a friends-to-lovers book. Sera Bright did a great job of giving us the opportunity to know the pasts of the main characters and showed us why and how they are the people they are now. I very much appreciate that in a story like this one. 

The friendship between the couple is nothing short of beautiful throughout the book. I loved their dynamic. This is difficult for me to write without giving too much away! To keep this short (read: teaser-free), I will just say that in the end you are left wanting more. It's not really a cliff-hanger, but the story is definitely not complete. I truly cannot wait for the continuation! 

If you're the type who is hesitant to read a new author's debut novel, don't be with this one! It is definitely worth the "chance". Sera Bright is a talented writer, no doubt!



No comments:

Post a Comment