Thursday, July 21, 2016

My Review of Juniper Smoke by Sadia Ash


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In an age of casual hook-ups, can love survive the test of time?

Juniper and Kyle meet when she is dangling forty feet from a museum scaffolding. 

Juniper Mills is a straitlaced but sassy curator at a History Museum. Raised by her mother to hate men, she worries she’ll die a frigid scholar in a musty house with an army of cats and a lake of books.

Kyle Paxton is an intense and intimidating inventor of a successful micro camera from San Francisco. He schedules dating like his work—with robotic precision. This helps him cope with the dark memories of his ex-girlfriend, who still haunts him. Not looking for love, he only hooks up with Amazonian models. 

When he joins the museum board, Juniper falls for him. She wants him, but knows it's going to be as hard as catching the ocean in a teacup. Juniper becomes Kyle’s obsession, but the tragic secrets of his past cloud his feelings. 

Juniper manages to knock Kyle’s world off its axis and their galaxies collide in this very unfairy tale. But can they overcome their differences and stop a hateful and vindictive person from tearing them apart?

Juniper Smoke is a smoking hot read with fun twists, dark secrets and edge-of-your-seat drama. Nothing is as it seems and no one behaves as you would expect.


5 Stars From Sammy's Book Obsession!

TITLE~ Juniper Smoke
AUTHOR~ Sadia Ash
GENRE~ Contemporary-Romance
PUBLISHED~ July 8th 2016 by Pulsar Media
PURCHASED~ ARC/Review Copy
MY RATING~ 4.5/5

Dialogue Natural/Realistic
4/5 Stars
The dialogue was realistic with the exception of a lot of contractions that could have been used to make it more believable. Otherwise, good though. These characters are remarkably intelligent and it pours out in their everyday communication. If you're lacking in the vocabulary area, I imagine you'll make great friends with your dictionary throughout this book.

Emotional Impact
5/5 Stars
Juniper Smoke is jam-packed full of emotional issues. I loved following along as the characters fought, failed, and eventually worked their way through them all.

Grammar
5/5 Stars

Story Pace
4/5 Stars
I found the first 25(ish)% of the story dragging on and on. In all honesty, it almost lost my interest entirely for a while. Then, it picked up and I was fully back on board.

Twists, Turns, & Unpredictability
4/5 Stars
This story is unlike any other I've ever read. While it has parts that are reminiscent of others, the book as a whole is unique.

Likeliness to Recommend
4/5 Stars
I will recommend Juniper Smoke, but likely not to everyone. While I enjoyed the book, I just don't think it's for everybody.

Likeliness to Finish Series
5/5
I will absolutely finish the series and as soon as possible! In fact, now that I've read it, I almost wish I had waited for the series to be complete to even start it. I was that hooked by the end. Well, "hooked" among other things at that point...but I digress. I don't want to give anything away!

Likeliness to Read More from Author
5/5
Most definitely! I won't miss the rest of this story for anything! Sadia Ash made a brilliant impression with her debut novel!

Overall
4.5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment