Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Review: Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites #2) by Avery Aster



arc provided for an honest review


Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites #2) by Avery Aster 
Romance/Erotic Romance
5 Stars 

Synopsis: 
Book 2 in The Manhattanites series. At thirty-three Warner Truman is one of the richest men on the planet, a spa mogul who buys and sells resorts at will. He holds powerful executive’s careers in his well-groomed hands. Nothing is beyond Warner’s reach…until he meets her. Stunning, tantalizing, and perverse, Taddy Brill captivates Warner’s carnal desire like no woman he’s ever met. A self-made millionaire, Taddy is tougher than steel, more brilliant than diamonds and, at twenty-seven, she’s never depended on a man for anything…until she meets him. The more Taddy plays with Warner’s affections, driving him to erotic heights, the more she is confronted by a dark past. But before she can love him, Taddy must meet her worst fears head-on or risk losing it all, including herself.

My Thoughts:
I fell in love with this book and the characters almost immediately! The relationships were well developed and the love story seems to flow naturally. Whereas, I felt the love story/relationship in the 1st book of this series, Undressed, was rushed. I couldn't really relate to the characters personally for the most part, as I'm not very knowledgeable in the fashion business. The New York/Manhattan way of life is foreign to me, but it was really fun getting a glimpse into the lives there! It was easy to relate to some of Taddy's insecurities though. I have to admit that at first I was kind of disappointed that this book was written as a prequel to Undressed. I was really looking forward to getting a few peeks at where Lex & Masi ended up. Maybe in the next book....I highly recommend this book! If you enjoy a realistic love story, fashion, and steamy love scenes, this book is for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment